2019-2020 Board of Directors
- President - Megan Miller email@example.com
- Vice President - Miro Pomili
- Board Member - Tom Cimino
- Treasurer - Megan Miller
- Secretary - Val Cimino
- Director of Committees/Volunteers - Mary Pomili
Thank you for wanting to get to know us, we are the Hurricanes Booster, we support and promote the student athletes of the Marian Central High School, Woodstock IL. The Hurricanes Booster is a Not-for-profit 501(c)3 Public Charity 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi) as determined by the Internal Revenue Service. 100% of your contributions are tax deductible. Our fundraising efforts are designed to provide assistance toward various needs of the student athletes and the athletic program.
Our parents are strongly encouraged to volunteer for each sport and become members of the Booster but are they not required to do so. Your student athlete will participate regardless of parent participation in volunteering and fundraising. The Administration of Marian Central High School does not serve as voting members of our board of directors.
Why do we exist
Churches and religious organizations are exempt from income tax and receive other favorable treatment under the tax law; however, certain income may be subject to tax, such as income from an unrelated business. This is why the Hurricanes Booster, Inc. is a separate corporation from the Rockford Diocese and the Marian Central Catholic High School.
Unrelated business activities vary depending on types of activities (advertising, gaming, sale of merchandise and publications). If a church/school or other exempt organization has a gross income of $1000 or more for any taxable year from the conduct of any unrelated trade or business it must file IRS Form 990-T for that year. If the church/school is part of a larger entity (such as a diocese), it must file a separate Form 990-T when it has a separate EIN. Please see IRS Publication 1828 (Rev. 8-2015) Catalog Number 21096G Department of Treasury.
- Advertising - all sport program sales
- Audio/Announcer at all home games
- Banner and Tunnel Coordinator
- Beautification Committee
- Election committee
- Football Field Painting Coordinator
- Kick-off Coordinator
- Meal Profit Sharing Coordinator
- Membership Recruiter
- Mom's Night Out Coordinator
- Nominations Committee
- Photographer (each team)
- Senior Night (each team)
- Shopping Boss Coordinator
- Team Meals
- Website Sponsorship Sales
- Athletic awards and recognition during graduation and senior night
- Offer financial support for team camps and tournaments
- Offer financial support for coaches training and clinics
- Donate money towards new scoreboards and equipment
- Offer financial support for student athletes wanting to compete